Wet weather in Penang

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Merdeka! Hooray long weekend for all of us but It has been raining over the past few days dampened the "semangat"...hehe. Anyway, been busy baking choc cakes for the merdeka promotion and preparing 3 cupcake orders for the weekend. During the preparation I realised that the fondant doesn't harden as usual and I was wondering why...hmmm...can't be the weather right? Next morning, I nearly fainted when I find my fondants all melted!!! That moment really feels like a knife piercing thru my heart...ouch it hurts so bad. I panicked...what am I going to do?? Immediately I call for help to redo the designs. Took me hours to get my babies back into shapes but the next question is - how do I keep them in shapes before delivery? It can't be in the fridge, open air didn't help, can't take direct heat...what else can I do?? Last resort we let them sleep in air cond room and viola...it works!!! So this tells you that air cond dries up your skin!!! hahaha
From this experience I've learned that humidity has a lot to do with weather you are successful with fondant or not.

 

0 comments: