My aunt's 60th Birthday

Monday, September 20, 2010

I was pretty blank when I start to think of the design I want to make for my aunt. It's her 60th birthday and I knew that she haven't had a cake for birthday since dunno when...so I thought a simple cake for her would be nice. Themes for children are so easy to think off...they usually like cartoons, superheros, animals and basically colourful figurines. I thought of doing something "traditional" this time to match her age hehe and the idea of longevity buns (in cantonese it's called Shao Pao) came to my mind. Why do people consume this during birthday celebrations?? What's the real meaning behind...anyone know the ancient chinese history behind the buns?


Well, the simple meaning to me is just requesting for longevity as the name can tell. Which is exactly what I wished for my aunt - wishing her good health and all the happiness in the world!

0 comments: